How to tie your karate belt
1. Hold belt at its centre, ends even, with label on the right side.
2. Place centre of belt on front centre of jacket, about one inch below the naval. Wrap belt around your waist, crossing the right side over the left side at centre of the back. label will now be on your right side. Pull ends of belt forward and adjust so the ends of the belt are even.
3. Lay the left side of belt over the naval. Lay the right side of belt across the naval. Label will now be on your left side.
4. Slide the left side of belt (label side) under and behind all the belt layers at the naval. Label will still be on your left side.
5. Loop the right end of belt forming a 'U' shape.
6. Bring left end (label end) of belt down and over the front of the 'U'.
7. Loop left end (label end) under and up through the 'U' shape to form a knot.
8. Pull ends of belt outward to tighten and knot. Label will be on your left side.
9. Adjust knot so that the ends of the belt are even and hang neatly.
YOUR FINAL OBI KNOT SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS.